Tuesday, November 22, 2011

"Healthy Thanksgiving Challenge" Roundup on What Would Cathy Eat

Cathy Elton has posted the finalists for her "Heart Healthy Thanksgiving Challenge". 25 bloggers sent amazing recipes, new twists on old holiday classics, and my own cranberry sauce recipe is among them. (Double-click the large photos on the page to access any of the recipes.)

I confess that seeing my photo and a link back to my blog on another food blog I enjoy and respect greatly is a bit of a thrill, whether it sends anyone my way or not. Being the running in for a contest to receive a free vegetarian cookbook is the proverbial icing on the gluten-free cake. I'm not a vegetarian or vegan, but am stumbling my way into that direction, largely because my sweetie is on a meat-free, dairy-free gluten-free diet for health reasons. So a guidebook along the way would be much appreciated. Actually, Paul Pitchford's Healing With Whole Foods is an excellent resource that I am just beginning to appreciate - after letting it sit neglected on our bookshelf for years.

Particularly intriguing among the recipes in the challenge is the apple-yam soup, the sweet potato casserole gratin-style, the quinoa stuffing, the wild rice pilaf...in fact, every single recipe there is a "must try this!" for me. I can't wait to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment